Business Watch - Crime Map – August 2020
Business Watch is a partnership between local Burnaby business communities, the City of Burnaby, and the RCMP.
Our goal is to provide tools and resources to help reduce business-related crime. These maps reflect crime trends in the business community. When incidents are reported to police the information is used to deploy resources strategically, identify crime hot spots, and analyze trends and patterns.
The maps are provided as a tool to promote awareness and crime reduction throughout the business communities. Check out the Business Watch website for more information (External link, opens in a new window http://burnaby.ca/businesswatch)
Map of Break and Enters to Businesses and Auto Crimes – August 2020
North Burnaby - Districts One and Two:
- All Auto Crimes (Theft from Auto, Auto Theft, Recovered Auto)
South Burnaby - Districts Three and Four:
- Auto Theft
- Auto Theft and Theft from Auto
Theft from Auto – Crime Prevention Tips
Items that are most commonly stolen from vehicles are:
- Personal electronics—tablets, laptops, iPods, GPS
- Work tools
- Credit cards and identification
- Stereo equipment
- Cash and change
- Car parts and accessories
- Garage door openers
Some tips to help prevent theft from vehicles include:
- Whenever you park your vehicle, take your personal belongings with you.
- Ensure your vehicle is locked, alarmed, and parked in a secure well-lit area.
- Do not leave spare keys or keyless entry fob in your vehicle.
- Do not leave any items in plain view.
Seasonal Reminder – Road Safety
It is back to school time. It is also getting wet and dark outside. Be mindful of speed zones and pedestrians. If you are a pedestrian, make sure you are visible to drivers by wearing highly reflective clothing and items.
- Date modified: