Burnaby RCMP launches 2023-2026 Strategic Plan
2023-11-09 12:35 PST
The Burnaby RCMP is officially launching its new Strategic Plan, which outlines the detachment’s operational priorities for 2023-2026.
The plan is the result of a significant research and consultation process which included Burnaby citizens, Burnaby RCMP staff, City of Burnaby staff, Burnaby Mayor and Council, and community partners, all of which provided valuable input and insight, helping reflect our community and shape and identify the strategic priorities in the plan.
The three priorities and corresponding objectives of Burnaby RCMP’s 2023 to 2026 Strategic Plan are outlined below:
Improve public safety
- Work with community partners to provide and expand mental health response programs.
- Continue conducting gang suppression activities, interdicting organized crime and violence related to the illegal drug trade in the community.
- Using trauma-informed practices and interventions to address domestic violence, working in partnership with community agencies to reduce incidences and minimize risk.
- Reduce motor vehicle violations and collisions and encourage safe road use through enhanced traffic enforcement.
Enhance communication and community engagement
- Expand the detachment’s community outreach activities to vulnerable populations in Burnaby.
- Strengthen the detachment’s existing working relationships with key partners in service delivery.
- Develop a communications strategy to guide detachment reporting and information sharing.
Support our people
- Increase the detachment’s complement of human resources.
- Supplement training opportunities for regular members and municipal employees.
- Prioritize employee wellness.
- Enhance internal communications to strengthen cohesiveness and alignment.
- Prepare for transition to new detachment headquarters.
The plan also outlines desired outcomes for each priority. Examples include increased feelings of safety and security, reduced incidents of safety risk, stronger relationships with partners, and happier and healthier employees.
To access the full 2023-2026 Burnaby RCMP Detachment Strategic Plan please click this link: 2023-2026 Burnaby RCMP Detachment Strategic Plan
This plan lays out Burnaby RCMP’s intended goals and priorities as we work to deliver exceptional and modern policing that keeps our community safe while best serving the needs of our growing and changing city, said Burnaby RCMP Officer in Charge, Chief Supt. Graham de la Gorgendiere.
I would like to thank everyone who has put forward input and ideas as part of this process to ensure we are continuing to evolve, innovate, and provide policing services that are tailored to our community, keep pace with the ongoing growth of our city, and reflect the people who live, work, learn, and play in Burnaby, he said.
The Burnaby RCMP provides regular reporting on the Strategic Plan to the City of Burnaby’s Public Safety Committee.
In addition to the full report, a condensed brochure version of the 2023-2026 Strategic Plan is available at this link: Burnaby RCMP Detachment Strategic Plan 2023-2026 brochureBurnaby RCMP
6355 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5G 2J2
Website: burnaby.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
- Date modified: