39-year-old Burnaby man charged with multiple sexual offences involving child
Burnaby, Public Alert
2023-04-05 11:36 PDT
File # 2022-7480
A 39-year-old Burnaby man is facing nine sex-related charges involving a child after an investigation by Burnaby RCMP’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offence (CASO) unit.
On March 3, 2022, police were contacted about allegations involving a man and a child victim whom the accused had initially met online, and later met in-person.
On March 9, 2023, following an extensive investigation, 39-year-old Adam Joseph Woolacott of Burnaby was charged with the following:
- Five counts of sexual interference of a person under 16
- Two counts of inviting, counselling or inciting a person under 16 to touch a person for a sexual purpose
- One count of luring a child
- One count of making sexually explicit material available to a person under 16
Burnaby RCMP would like the public to be aware of Woolacott’s court-ordered conditions.
Some of the court-ordered conditions Woolacott must abide by include:
- Not to have a romantic relationship/friendship with any person who either has, or has care or access to, children under 16 years of age
- Not to communicate with or be alone in the presence of someone under the age of 16 years
- Not to engage in activities, volunteer work or employment that could bring you in contact with persons under the age of 16 years
- Not to be at any public: park, library, swimming area, community centre, daycare centre, school ground, playground or any location where persons under the age of 16 years of age would be
- Curfew from 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Not to wear any costume masks while in public places
- Not to access the Internet, except for the purposes of employment
- Not to access any social media sites or networks, Internet discussion forums or chatrooms
Woolacott has been known to have an active digital presence, including in some communities which may attract both children and adults through shared interests. We want the public to be aware of these charges and the ongoing conditions for Adam Woolacott, who is known to use his real name and screen names online, said Cpl. Michelle Hurtubise with Burnaby RCMP’s CASO Unit.
As with any situation, please use caution with those you are interacting with both online and in person.
Anyone who sees Woolacott breaking court-ordered conditions is asked to contact Burnaby RCMP at 604-646-9999. Please quote file number 22-7480.
Cpl. Michael KalanjMedia Relations Officer
6355 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5G 2J2
Website: burnaby.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
- Date modified: