Burnaby RCMP’s 2022 Commercial Vehicle Enforcement: By the numbers
2023-01-17 07:14 PST
Road safety is a top priority every year all over the Lower Mainland. In 2022, Burnaby RCMP, along with 11 partner agencies, conducted 43 planned commercial vehicle enforcement operations throughout the Lower Mainland.
These collaborative and proactive enforcement initiatives aim to make the region safer by focusing on safety issues related to commercial vehicles, including mechanical inspections and unsafe driving behaviours.
In 2022, the integrated team was able to accomplish the following across the Lower Mainland:
- Planned enforcement operations: 43
- Truck inspections: 1,706
- Trucks placed
Out of Service: 1,053 (62%)
- Number of violations: 4,552 (1,714 total Violation Tickets issued)
This has been the busiest year ever for this integrated team. Unfortunately, violations remain common -- which is why we continue to focus on enforcement and education, said Corporal Mike Kalanj with the Burnaby RCMP.
Each of these enforcement operations represents an incredible partnership between agencies dedicated to tackling commercial vehicle safety with a regional approach.
- Vancouver Police Department Commercial Vehicle Unit
- Delta Police Commercial Vehicle Unit
- New Westminster Police Commercial Vehicle Unit
- Coquitlam RCMP Traffic Services
- Richmond RCMP Road Safety Unit
- Abbotsford Police Department Traffic Unit
- Metro Vancouver Transit Police Traffic Unit
- Port Moody Police
- City of Surrey Bylaw Commercial Vehicle Unit
- City of Coquitlam Bylaw Commercial Vehicle Unit
- Passenger Transportation Branch
Burnaby RCMP Traffic Services also conducted enforcement on its own within Burnaby:
- Planned enforcement operations: 31
- Truck inspections: 866
- Trucks placed
Out of Service: 605 (70%)
- Number of violations: 2,754 (1,535 total Violation Tickets issued)
Commercial Vehicle Enforcement continues to be a priority for the Burnaby RCMP, added Corporal Kalanj.
Expect to see Burnaby RCMP and our partner agencies with a visible presence on roads across the region in 2023.
Cpl. Michael KalanjMedia Relations Officer
burnaby.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
6355 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5G 2J2
- Date modified: