Help us Cram the Cruiser in support of Burnaby Neigbourhood House!
2022-12-07 06:43 PST
As we approach the holiday season, food banks and food hubs are under increasing pressure to provide support for people experiencing food insecurity.
We need your help!
Join Burnaby RCMP’s Community Response Team to help Cram the Cruiser with donations for people in our community:
Thursday, December 8th - 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. @ Safeway, 4440 Hastings Street
Friday, December 9th - 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. @ Superstore Metrotown, 4700 Kingsway
We’ll be at the main entrance of each store as well as inside, so we won’t be hard to find.
All donations will then be brought straight to Burnaby Neighbourhood House to help support people in our community over the holiday season and beyond.
Burnaby Neighbourhood House
Burnaby Neighbourhood House runs South and North Food Hubs for Burnaby, serving approximately 1,300 people per month through several food programs.
Here are Burnaby Neighbourhood House’s top ten choices for donations:
- Zero or low sodium tinned vegetables, soups and beans
- Whole wheat or vegetable pastas
- Low sugar tomato or pasta sauce
- Peanut or other nut butters
- Whole grain crackers and low sugar cereals
- Unsweetened applesauce or canned fruit in juice
- Canned tuna in water, canned chicken or salmon
- Healthy canned stews or chili
- Brown rice, barley, lentils, dried peas, quinoa, or couscous
- Shelf stable milk or milk alternatives
We will also be accepting grocery gift cards and cash donations.
Thank you for your donation!
See you there!
Cpl. Michael KalanjMedia Relations Officer
burnaby.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
6355 Deer Lake Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5G 2J2
- Date modified: