North District Emergency Response Team on Irene Road
2023-11-16 09:58 PST
File # 2023-40035
On Tuesday, November 14, 2023, Prince George RCMP and the North District Emergency Response Team responded to a weapons complaint at a residence on the 7000-block of Irene Road.
After several minutes of police officers calling out to the residents of the home using the police loud hailer, the suspect left the residence and was arrested by police officers without incident, states Cpl. Jennifer Cooper, Media Relations Officer for the Prince George RCMP.
The suspect, identified as Andrew Bazinet, is known to police for similar violent offenses and was bound at the time of the incident by two separate lifetime firearms prohibitions.
Mr. Bazinet is facing the following charges:
- Pointing a firearm
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a firearm contrary to order
- Fail to comply with release order
- Fail to comply with probation order
Andrew Bazinet will remain in custody until his next court appearance.
This file remains under investigation.
Cpl. Jennifer CooperCommunications NCO / Media Relations Officer
Prince George RCMP
455 Victoria Street, Prince George, BC, V2L 0B7
- Date modified: