RCMP informing public that active shooter threat in Vanderhoof and lockdown is over
2021-11-25 13:46 PST
On November 25, 2021 at 12:16 pm the Vanderhoof RCMP responded to reports of an active shooter with a long gun targeting the RCMP Detachment in the 100 Block of Columbia Street and then continuing to drive around the area. The public was asked to stay inside or to shelter in place.
Just after 1p.m. the Vanderhoof RCMP successfully apprehended the suspect. A brief pursuit was initiated, during which a police vehicle was rammed. The suspect was then arrested without incident.
The localized police Emergency Alert that was issued in Vanderhoof has been rescinded.
The recommended lockdown is over and businesses and schools have been told to return to normal operations.
Roadblocks that had been put in place are currently being dismantled and the RCMP is thanking the public for their cooperation during this dynamic and unfolding event.
At this time there is nothing to indicate any further ongoing threats to the public said Corporal Madonna Saunderson, BC RCMP Media spokesperson
Fortunately there were no reported injuries to anyone during this event.
Vanderhoof RCMP continue to investigate the situation, anyone who was a witness to these events is asked to contact the Vanderhoof RCMP at (250) 567-2222
Cpl. Madonna SaundersonDistrict Advisory NCO (Media Relations)
4020 5th Avenue, Prince George, BC V2M 7E7
- Date modified: