Front Counter Services
Table of Contents
COVID-19 Service Impacts
As of July 6. 2020, Front Counter service is once again available at all of our Community Police Office locations.
Please note the following prior to attending our Community Police Officers or main detachment:
- Do not attend if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- To ensure safe physical distancing, there are strict lobby capacity limits in place. If the lobby is full, please wait outside. The capacity of each lobby is posted on external doors.
- Some services such as fingerprinting are available by appointment only. To make an appointment call 604-646-9999 between 8am to 8pm.
Note: You can now report certain crimes online. Read more on Burnaby's online crime reporting tool.
The Burnaby RCMP front counter is staffed by the City of Burnaby municipal employees. Services are provided in languages such as Punjabi, Cantonese, Portuguese, French and sign language. The staff answers all emergency and non-emergency police related calls and can provide information about the many services provided within the community.
Any citizen of Burnaby can report a crime by attending the main detachment in person or by calling the main switchboard at 604-646-9999.
Some of the application processes have a $60.00 administration fee associated to them as set by City of Burnaby bylaws. This flat rate of $60.00 is payable by Cash, Visa, MasterCard, debit card, or money order (made payable to the City of Burnaby) and must be paid in full before the application will be processed. To reduce wait times please ensure you bring two pieces of accepted identification (ID) with you. In the case of fingerprints there may also be an additional $25 fee that is collected by the Burnaby RCMP on behalf of the Federal Government. This additional fee can also be paid for by cash, Visa, Master Card, debit card, or money order. All payments made by credit card will be subject to a 1.75% service fee.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Access to Information and Privacy Branch (ATIP) provides formal responses to access to information requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act. These requests are not processed at the front counter.
- Primary ID - must be picture - BC Driver's License, BC ID, Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship Card (issued in the last 10 years only), Native Status Card, other Provincial ID and Driver Licenses.
- Secondary ID - MSP Care Card, Firearms Licence, Canadian Visa (affixed to a foreign passport), and Immigration Documents.
*Please note, the new BC Services Card combines the BC Drivers Licence and Care Card. This Services Card is considered one form of ID.
*Two pieces of accepted ID, one of which must be a photo ID, is required for all services provided at the front counter.
Burnaby RCMP Detachment
6355 Deer Lake Avenue
See Burnaby RCMP location on Google Map
Hours of operation
Monday-Sunday from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm. The front counter is open all statutory holidays.
- Date modified: