Business Watch - Crime Map - February 2019
Business Watch is a partnership between local Burnaby business communities, the City of Burnaby, and the RCMP.
Our goal is to provide tools and resources to help reduce business-related crime. These maps reflect crime trends in the business community. When incidents are reported to police the information is used to deploy resources strategically, identify crime hot spots, and analyze trends and patterns.
The maps are provided as a tool to promote awareness and crime reduction throughout the business communities. Check out the Business Watch website for more information (External link, opens in a new window http://burnaby.ca/businesswatch)
Map of Break and Enters to Businesses and Auto Crimes – February 2019
North Burnaby - Districts One and Two:
Lougheed Highway between Delta Ave and Springer Ave
- Theft from Auto (Apartment Building Undergrounds)
Industrial areas off Lougheed Highway at Forest Grove Dr
- Theft from Auto (Catalytic Converters)
South Burnaby -Districts Three and Four:
Griffiths Ave around Rumble St
- Theft from Auto
- Theft from Auto (Catalytic Converters, gas)
Crime Prevention Tips
- Clean up vandalism as soon as it happens – replace signs, repair equipment, and paint over graffiti.
- Protect your business by installing and using good lighting and locking gates. Eliminate places where someone might hide, such as trees, shrubbery, stairwells, and alleys. Use landscape designs such as prickly shrubs or closely planted hedges to discourage vandals.
- When possible install fences around the perimeter of your location to discourage intruders. Be sure to post no trespassing signage on them as well. If you see someone vandalizing a property, report it to police.
- Date modified: