Don’t Tweet to report!
2020-08-07 10:26 PDT
There are a wide variety of ways to report crime in the City of Burnaby, however Twitter is not one of them.
In recent weeks our Twitter account has been tagged in a number of posts from people looking to report everything from suspicious activity in their neighbourhood to traffic related issues.
While Twitter is one of the ways that Burnaby RCMP keeps members of our community informed on policing topics of interest, it is not monitored 24-hours a day / 7-days a week and is not suitable for reporting crime.
There are many ways to report crime in Burnaby which are all outlined below:
- In an emergency, call 911
- Non-emergency, 604-646-9999
- Instead of using Twitter, you can report crime online by visiting bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/burnaby/report
Attend our Main Detachment or Community Police Office front counters in person at:
- Main Detachment, 6355 Deer Lake Avenue
- District 1 CPO, #104 – 4191 Hastings Street
- District 2 CPO, #178 – 9855 Austin Road
- District 3 CPO, 7191 Arcola Way
- District 4 CPO, 4450 Kingsborough Street
Burnaby RCMP Media Relations
- Date modified: